Monday, August 09, 2010

...things happen from hard work...


Man I remember sitting in Georgia in this room with roaches climbing up the wall and just working away trying to be an animator. I would sleep for a few hours wake up and continue going (this was after I quit my job as a manager at the Gap trying to pay for grad school). I was still doing both 2D and 3D animation. Going back and forth from my homemade pencil test machine back to Maya which was running slow as hell on my crappy computer that I purchased from so 'good 'ol boys' computer store in the sticks. I dont know how many times I watch that Tarzan extra disk with Glen and Bruce talking about animating their characters. There are so many people in the world who have the same story. "To watch and learn from these amazing artists, only to end up working with them" Walking in the Disney hallways means more than just making it to the Mouse House. It meant being where discoveries were made, being where this amazing rebirth of animation started, the place that gave birth to Dreamworks and Pixar, and being next to people who love the art of animation as much as you do. I never NEVER would have guess that I was going to get to work with Glen during my career and be right down the hall from Bruce Smith. They both inspired me while I was struggling and have given me even more drive as an animator. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to work with them and still have the chance to learn more from them both. I am even more grateful for my mother sacrificing things so that I could pursue my dreams.

Grateful for the shots I received on Tangled and thanks to the Directors for making it an enjoyable experience.