Sunday, August 29, 2010

...so many stories but just animating all the time...

I found these drawings in a sketch pad then the light went off as I slowly remembered the story I was developing (not digging the poses of the arms too much, bad comp). One of the things I really enjoyed about Art school was being able to explore all aspects of my creativity. Today it still helps me with my animation because I can try and dig deep into the characters head, I think of think of drawing and sculpture when I pose the character, I think of drawing appealing shapes when I pose the mouth and eyes, I think of character design and gesture drawing as I move the character (personality and different defining traits that you get from life). All of these aspects of art school are not necessary to learn to be an animator, but I look at it like this...

...if make tires for a living and don't understand how all of the other parts of the car affect the tires, then you may be making a mediocre tire...