Sunday, November 08, 2009

Walt Disney Animation

In a few weeks I will be starting my position as an animator at Disney. My career has been a journey that seems to be never ending. I started out chasing the dream of becoming a 2D animator and always had Disney in my sights, but there was a time when 2D animation was coming to a hault and I had to jump on the computer if I was to have a higher chance of working as a feature animator. The funny thing is the entire time I was in Los Angeles I never applied to Disney. I can honestly say if it wasnt for one of the Disney featurettes, I probably wouldnt have continued to animate. I remember sitting in my room in grad school night after night getting frustrated, but I saw this guy on one of the DVD's and I was blown away even more. The idea that he was working there gave me more hope of being an animator. I started to really focus even more and pressed forward. NOW the idea that I get to work a long side soooo many people I respect is a major thing, not just in my career but my life as well. I try so hard not to take for granted what I do for a living. We as animators/ artists are given the opportunity to do something that is rare. Some people got on the path easier than others and some get there by sweating for it. Either way you have to appreciate what you do for a living and remember to continue to do what got you to this point, because it is what made you.