Sunday, February 05, 2012

...Focus Forward & Teachng...


..breath..

...Focus Forward...

I have never made a New Years resolution and I won't start now. Each year is an extension of the last for me. I began last year talking about more focus and taking a break from teaching. It has paid off because I am less stressed and I have been highly productive at work. While I was teaching I wanted it to reflect my outlook on animation and the things you can achieve. Teaching was an extension of who I am as an animator. Preparing lessons, prepping material, ensuring I give helpful feedback to EVERY STUDENT, and being available is important to me. How do you work as a full time animator, full time husband, full time dad and part time teacher? Sounds ridiculous to me. In the balance of our lives, something will have to give and something or someone will lose out. I am trying figure out how to return to teaching but it will take a bit to figure out the balance and harmony. A good teacher is invaluable. My wife, Mother, Aunt, and a few cousins ( here is one Sara Ferguson: click the name) are all teachers. How I teach reflects on them so I have to make sure I give future students what they deserve.

Thanks to all the students I have had so far who have given me much positive feedback.

Focus Forward

-Jamaal